Monday 6 October 2014

OUGD402 - Studio Brief 1 - Nature and Typography

After going home for the weekend I could really appreciate being surrounded by nature once more. When on a walk with my dogs, we decided to pick some blackberries and whilst picking I noticed all the leaves on the floor. I immediately thought how nice the texture of the leaves were. It popped into my head that I could use the shapes and colours to create a typeface. 

So I spent that night ironing and cutting out leaves and this is what I came up with! I particularly like the K and the E because I could use the natural form of the oak leaf and it still looks like a letter. If I were to make this again I think that I would probably try and simplify it and do all the letters similar to how I did the C and the D. I love how simple they are but still retain the fact that it is a letter form. The texture of the leaves and how some are yellow, brown or red adds to the organic look of the typeface, too. 







No comments:

Post a Comment