Saturday 10 January 2015

OUGD402 - Studio Brief 2 - Self Branding Research

Monogram Logos

For my own brand I started by researching some monogram logos as I feel that they are timeless and could be seen as modern at any time. I also like the fact that you can see the character of the person who it is made for through the typeface choice. So first I looked on Pinterest for some initial inspiration. 
I really like the idea of combining both letters of initials into one shape. Here it works really well because they are both curved so they fit into one and other. But if I tried this with my designs I would have to combine the lines as my initials are very linear. 


I like how this design has been framed with the diamond like shape. It fits the shape of the monogram logo really well. Additionally, laying the logo over an image like this could prove to be really effective if I use images of my favourite things. 

I also have a small book which is full of lots of beautifully made monogram logos.




I started by looking at logos that have my initials and I found one that has mine, but it seems very strict and heavy with the serifs and I don't think that this represents my style at all. I like the look of the more calligraphic style in the top corner however I think I would struggle to do something like that because my initials are so linear. 


I love the simplicity of this logo that it is simply the same letter thin and wide. I really like the use of a drop shadow here as it makes it stand out and adds depth to the image. Also overlaying the letterforms in this way frames the logo in a diamond like silhouette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment